Fotostudijas.lv offers high-quality, precise after rules for all types of documents, Latvian passport, Russian visa,
American visa (Green card), etc. other countries visas. We also take a photo of an infant for document photo.
Production time on paper or digital 5-10 min.
LR passport photo
Important! Photographs for the LR Passport should be made not earlier than three months before the submission of the documents.
1. Person’s appearance in the picture:
1.1. head position – front view;
1.2. eyes open, not covered with hair;
1.3. facial expression – natural, mundane, neutral;
1.4. eye glance – neutral, facing the camera;
1.5. both sides of the face are equally illuminated and clearly visible;
1.6. face and head paintings and decorations that make it difficult for a person to be recognized are not allowed;
1.7. there is no reflection on the person’s face;
1.8. there is no shadow on the face;
1.9. if a person is wearing glasses then the picture in the passport:
1.9.1. the person’s eyes are clearly visible, they are not covered by eyeglass frames;
1.9.2. eyeglass frames are not heavy, thick, they should not cover the face part;
1.9.3. glasses are not reflective in glasses;
1.9.4. glasses are not tinted;
1.9.5. the glasses have not fallen into the nose;
1.10. a person is without headgear, except in the case of a person who, for religious reasons, is wearing a headgear on a daily basis and the headscarf does not cover the face or part thereof;
1.11. personal clothing does not obscure the face or part of it.
2. Physical indicators of the image:
2.1. the background is bright;
2.2. the fancy line through the midpoints of the eyes is parallel to the horizontal edge of the image;
2.3. the person’s face image is in the center of the image;
2.4. the person’s face image from the chin line to the hair growth line (also imaginary if the person has no hair or they cover the hair growth line) takes 70-80% of the vertical height of the image;
2.5. no other persons or items are visible;
2.6. no shadows in the background.
3. Person Image Quality:
3.1. the picture is clear;
3.2. the image is in good resolution;
3.3. the image is contrasting and bright.
4. Photography Requirements:
4.1. high-quality smooth, glossy or semi-matt paper is used;
4.2. if the image is colorful, the person’s skin tone is natural and the eyes should not be red;
4.3. person photographed not earlier than three months ago;
4.4. the photograph has not been used for the production of the previous identity document;
4.5. the size of the photograph is 1–3 mm larger than 35 x 45 mm; photography is free of smudges and without a white corner;
4.6. the other side of the photograph is the stamp of the photographic workshop indicating the date of the photograph;
4.7. the stamp of the photographic workshop is not visible through the photograph;
4.8. photography is clearly focused, clean, without creases and folds;
4.9. image not retouched.
LR residence permit photo
Required photo size is 35 x 45 mm.
The specification and other parameters of the LR residence permit photo corresponds to the above-mentioned specification of the LR passport photo.
The photo should be 4.5 x 3.5 cm in size, colored on a white background. The face image should be clearly visible – the distance between the eye pupils should be 6 mm, the distance from the center line of the eye to the line (end point) should be 15 mm, the distance from the head to the top line of the photograph should be 6 mm. A tolerance of 2 mm is allowed. The person in the photo should not be in outerwear.
1 photo should be 3.5 х 4.5 cm, white on color, face 70-80% of photo, high quality resolution, individual’s eyes are directed directly into the camera, photos should be reflected in natural skin color, photo not older than 6 months.
1 photo card (3.5 x 4.5 cm), white background, 80% face visible, high quality picture, no black and white photo; neutral face expression; without glasses with tinted glass and without a hat, but a headgear is allowed if a person wears it on a daily basis for religious reasons and does not cover the head or part of it.
2 photos, 5 x 5 cm in size, color photo; head should be centered and eyes should be viewed directly in the camera; made in the last 6 months, may have eyeglasses, but no reflection from the camera; headgear is permitted in cases where a person wears it on a daily basis for religious reasons and does not cover the head or part of it.
Chinese visa / Hong Kong visa
2 photos must be 3.3 x 4.8 cm in size, white on a white background or light blue. The color of the skin in photography must be true. The head must be between 15 mm and 22 mm wide, length between 28 mm and 33 mm. Neutral face expression without smile. Both ears must be clearly visible. Eyeglasses should only have thin frames. Headgear can only be for religious reasons. Clothing should not be the same color as the background. Photo not older than 6 months.
2 photos of 4 x 6 cm in color on a white background and glossy photo paper; there may be glasses provided that the frames are not thick, the glasses are not tinted and no reflection from the camera occurs; should not smile, face should be relaxed and mouth closed; a person is without headgear, except in the case of a person who, for religious reasons, wear a headgear on a daily basis and the headscarf does not cover the face or part of it.
1 photo with a size of 3.5 x 4.5 cm, colored, face 70% of the photo; good quality, black and white will not be accepted; head height (up to the end of the hair) 34.5 mm; distance from top to photo 3mm; photograph not older than 6 months.
2 photos with a size of 5 x 5 cm on a white background; the picture must be on glossy photo paper; head height (up to the crown of the hair) 3.37 cm and the distance from the bottom to the eye line 2.99 cm; the head must be centered and facing the chamber, the head must be 35mm to 40mm; the photo must be taken in the last 6 months; should not smile, but only have a neutral face expression; the eyes must be open and look directly into the camera; only prescribed glasses are allowed; a headset is permitted if a person wears it on a daily basis for religious reasons and the head or part of it is not covered by the headgear.
1 color photo not older than 3 months with a size of 3.5 x 4.5 cm; the photo must be taken from the front on a light white background; face must be fully visible and take 70-80% of the photo; the image size should be 30-36 mm from the chin to the top of the head; the photograph must be no more than 6 months old; glasses should not be tinted or reflected, and the glasses should not be covered by eyes; the mouth must be completely closed.
Saudi Arabia visa
2 photos with dimensions 3.5 x 4.5 cm; the photo must be colored, the black and white photo will be rejected; it is not advisable to retouch or improve the photo in any way; face should take 60-70% of the photo; the head should be centered and the eyes should be viewed directly in the chamber; must be clearly visible to both ears, face, hair, shoulders and neck; face expression should be neutral; glasses should not have tinted glass and thick frames, and the glasses should not reflect camera flash; high quality photo.
1 photo with a size of 3.5 x 4.5 cm; a colorful photo on a white background; neutral face expression; without glasses with tinted glass and without a hat, but the headscarf is allowed if a person wears it on a daily basis for religious reasons and the headscarf does not cover the face or part of it.
2 photos with a size of 5 x 5 cm, take 60-70% of the photo; the background must be white and the color of the image; neutral face expression and both eyes must be open; the photo must clearly indicate the person’s facial features in a straight line from the chin to the head crown; for bulky hair, ensure that the head (including the hairstyle) is fully depicted without reducing the size of the face if possible; the face should be centered on the photo and the eyes should be viewed directly in the camera; photos should not be older than 6 months; headgear is allowed if a person wears it on a daily basis for religious reasons and does not cover the face or part of it; may only contain spectacles which may not have tinted glazing and thick frames, and may not reflect the flash of the camera.
Republic of South Africa
2 photos with a size of 3 x 4 cm, a colorful photo on a white background; be neutral to face expression without smile; the head must be centered and the eyes must be viewed directly in the chamber; the face should not be covered with hair and other things; may only contain prescription glasses, which may not have tinted glasses and thick frames, and glasses may not reflect the flash of the camera, photos may not be older than 6 months.
One photograph 5×5 cm
Digital Photography Requirements:
1. Your visa application photo must meet certain size and appearance requirements. Photographs submitted that do not meet the requirements may delay the visa application process. To capture your current look, your photo must be captured in the last six months. If you renew your previous visa, your photo cannot be the same as your old visa.
2. If your photo does not meet the requirements, you will be asked to submit a new photograph before your visa is processed, even if the visa application system has accepted the digital upload of the photo.
3. The head, measured from its upper line, including the hair, to the lower line of the chin, should occupy 50-70% of the total length of the photograph. Eyes, measured from the bottom of the photo to the eye level, should be at a height of approximately 55-70% or 2/3 of the length of the photograph.
4. It is not recommended to take a photograph of a visa in a special clothing (uniform, etc.), unless it is worn on a daily basis for religious purposes.
5. Do not take a hat or other headgear that obscures the hair or hairline, except when wearing these accessories for religious purposes on a daily basis. Your face must be fully visible in the photo, and it is not permissible for the headgear to cover your face in the photo.
6. Make sure the speaker headphones, wireless devices, or other similar items are not visible in the photo.
7. Colored contact lenses for photos are not allowed in photos.
8. From 1 November 2016, no photographs will be taken in which visa applicants wear glasses.
9. The photograph should be in square form, ie its length and width should be the same. The minimum size of the photo is 600 x 600 pixels (length x width), while the maximum dimensions are 1200 x 1200 pixels (length x width).
10. Heading is important when taking a photo of a visa. Framing should be such that the face is fully visible. Point your face straight at the camera and keep your eyes open.
11. The photograph should show the whole head from the top of the hair to the lower line of the chin. For quality photography, the head size should be between 1 and 1 3/8 inches (25-35 mm), measured longitudinally, or 50-70% of the photograph as shown in this illustration.
11.1. Location in the middle of the frame
11.2. The head should be in the middle of the frame.
11.3. Open eyes
11.4. In the photo, the eyes must be open. The eyes should be at a height of 2/3, about 60% of the length of the photograph (from 1 1/8 to 1 3/8 inches (28-35 mm) in height, measured from the bottom of the photo).
12. There should be no unnecessary background in the photo – it should be white or very light. For a quality photo, sit in front of a white or very light background.
12.1. No shadow
12.2. Sit down so that the whole face is illuminated. Make sure neither the face nor the background dims the distracting shadows.
12.3. Released and natural expression
12.4. Keep a natural face expression when taking a photo.
Document photo prices
- Photo for document price: 10 EUR
- Additional copy: 2 EUR
- For sending to e-mail: 1 EUR
|Number of people||Photo session in studio||Outside photo session||Make-up for woman||Make-up + hairstyle for woman||Make-up for man||Make-up + hairstyle for man|
|2 – 10||8€||30€||40€||60€||25€||30€|
|11 – 50||6€||15€||30€||35€||20€||22.50€|
|51 – 100||4€||10€||25€||30€||17.50€||20€|
|101 – 300||3.50€||5€||15€||20€||7.50€||10€|
*Prices are specified for a service per person (not included VAT).
Photo taking and photo receiving address:
Fotostudijas.lv, Lāčplēša street 70, Riga
Working hours: working days 9:00-18:00 (at another time after applying to photoshoot), on weekends only after applying to photoshoot.
Applying and additional information:
- Phone number: +371 270 22 203
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recommendations on how to prepare for photo for document shoot
- Clothing preferably should be casual, businesslike and correct. Cannot participate in shoot in outerwear (or coat, jacket) or revealing outfit and naked upper body and a headgear, unless it is worn for religious reasons on a daily basis and the headscarf does not cover the face or part of it.
- If you wear glasses then you can be photographed in them (unless you are applying to American visa (Green card), where it will not be accepted if you are with glasses or coloured contact lenses). It is not allowed to take photo with dark or tinted glasses. The eyeglass frame should not be heavy, thick, it should not cover the face.
- About makeup and hairstyle. Preferably, the hair should be well-groomed, make-up such that the facial skin is matted because the photos should not be retouched.
- So you could like your photos, beforehand you should take a rest and have a good mood.
- For your convenience, we added the most important information about how your document photos should look.